Sunday, August 22, 2010

Rumble Fish by S.E. Hinton

The Story:  Rusty-James is a pretty tough teen, but he wants to be tougher, just like his older brother, Motorcycle Boy.  He wants to be the strongest streetfighter and the most respected guy on this side of the river.   He doesn't want to use his head- he just relies on his fists instead.  Whenever he's gotten into trouble, Motorcycle Boy has always bailed him out.  But one day, his world comes flying apart in an explosive chain of events and Motorcycle Boy isn't here to pick up the pieces.

Chloe's Critique:  Personally, I hated this book.  Seriously.  The ideas aren't really well developed and there seems to be no plot.   The climax wasn't built up to at all, and when it happened, the book abruptly ended.  There wasn't no resolution, falling action, nothing.  Nada.  I'm sorry if anyone likes the book, but I really dislike it.  Sorry.  I would like my time back from reading this.

Rating:  1/5 stars  0/5 stars  -1/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Feel free to chime in !